12 February 2009

Bakeries ... more than just cookies

Throughout town, in the local grocery store and in between there are tons of bakeries. A little different than the States the bakeries here sell everything from the usual cookies to breads, scones, sandwiches and fresh brewed coffee. But the weirdest thing I have seen in bakeries here are pancakes. Yes, pancakes. Sitting between cookies that look like teddy bears and eclairs they have stacks of pancakes. I'm not really sure why ... and if they're even kept warm. I do need to try a pastry from a bakery soon, maybe tomorrow. They have Valentine's day treats out that look really good. I also wish I was celebrating a birthday here, a cake shaped like a pint of Guinness would be pretty sweet. 

[On another note ... internet in my apartment still down. Thus the very few posts lately.]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cookies, cakes! Try one of everything and send me some!

Love,
Mom