26 March 2009

Four Seasons, One Day

They say that Ireland can contain the four seasons in one day, sometimes even in one hour. And today was the perfect example.

I woke to party sunny blue skies, a light breeze and temperatures around 50 degrees. Pretty good for Ireland. Then about an hour later light clouds zoomed in dimming the light of the sun. I headed to class around 1:30 p.m. to OK weather. But as I got onto the bridge that leads to class I saw dark ominous grey clouds by the university. Too late to turn back for the hood part of my coat (you can take the lining out to wear as a light jacket, but it has no hood) all was fine until I got off the bridge, because it started raining. Or so I thought. A few minutes onto campus I realized that it was not peculiarly large rain drops falling on me, but small pieces of sleet. Yes, sleet. Then that turned to rain as I headed into the building where my classes are. Throughout class I watch the sky go from grey to blue to white to grey with rain and sun dispersed in between.

On my way to my third lecture of the day, the clouds had gone and the sun was shining beautifully. After class I went to my friend Andy's apartment to figure out details for spring break and it started pouring. I looked like a wet dog. BUT on our way into town we turned off the main street to where the harbour is and there was a MAGNIFICENT rainbow. It was gorgeous going past all the boats and the water (it was actually a double rainbow, but the second one was very faint) Sadly, I didn't have my camera with me, but it was really neat.

I'm starting to get insanely excited for break! Plans are slowly coming together for break, though I seem to be the more apt one at planning. But that's OK because then I get to put all the things I want to do into the plans! Which are: Paris for four days and then the rest of the time spent in Spain with about two/three days in Madrid, Alicante and Barcelona! I cannot wait!

No comments: