13 April 2009

Bon soir, Le Tour De Eiffel

After Normandy Andy and I took the train back into Paris, and when we exited the station there was a glorious Starbucks. I've missed my Chai Tea Lattes dearly so I ordered one in French and we dedcided to check out the Eiffel Tower and meet up with one of Andy's friends from school who was studying in Southern France and visiting Paris with her family. We took the metro there and when we got out I looked to the left wondering which direction the Eiffel Tower was in when Andy pointed to the right and there it was rising above the tops of apartments in the distance!!! I probably squealed a little and danced around at the point and then we headed toward it. It twinkles with blue lights every hour and that's what it was doing when we first saw it. We met Andy's friend Liz directly underneath it and I couldn't believe I was standing underneath the Eiffel Tower!! It was crowded with people at each leg of the tower waiting in line to take a lift to the top.






We decided to just take a walk around so we headed down the lawn from the Eiffel Tower that lead to the military academy building, which was pretty impressive looking. There's paths that lead away from the tower and in between large patches of grass where people where lazing under the tower's glow. Some had bottles of wine or food and were just enjoying the warmish night. It was great. We walked all the way down and over to the military museum which was also really neat looking (OK, so pretty much ALL of the buildings in Paris are amazing.)

We headed back to the hostel after that to rest up for a busy day in Paris and a visit to Versailles (or so we thought).



1 comment:

Drifter B said...

I want to go back there