27 April 2009

In the home stretch

About 18 days until I return to the states. It's amazing how fast time has gone!!! Right now it's getting a little boring here in general. I have one final and one paper left, but they're both not until May 4th and I don't have classes. So, I'll basically be spending this week just hanging out and studying and writing. But that's not such a bad thing. It's going to be a pretty crazy summer, so I might as well enjoy the relaxation. The weather here has not been nice at all. I hear it's wonderful, sunny and warm in NJ and State College -- go out and enjoy it for me!! I mean I'll be spending the summer in Florida, so I'll get more than enough warmth and sun. But it has been cloudy, windy, cold and rainy here most of the weekend. The sun's out right now, but is flanked by pretty nasty, dark clouds and it's cold. Probably in the mid-40s.

BUT. I'm going to London next week!! I'm really excited! It's going to be a solo adventure for me because a few of the friends I've asked have already been to London, and some are having visitors or visiting friends in other places. I think it'll be fun to do something by myself like this. I already have a lot of it planned out. There's so many different options for bus tours and walking tours, too, so I won't be wander around the city on my own very much. I got tickets to see Romeo and Juliet at the Globe Theatre, too!!! That's going to be awesome. I'm also going to Oxford for a day and my friend, Alex, has a friend who studies there and she said she could show me around for a bit.

Then I'll head back to Galway for about a week, pack and bid Ireland goodbye. I'm flying home on May 15th. My host sister from the first weekend here also e-mailed me and told me to come over for a day before I leave, so I'm going to try to set that up for my last week.

Hope all is well with everyone back home! Enjoy the last week of classes and good luck with finals!

No comments: